The Tech Sector and Its Commitment to Environmental Sustainability
The tech sector is maturing in many ways including its commitment to environmental sustainability. Leading the charge are large OEMs that are driving change both within their own organizations and throughout the extended supply chains. Of course, there is still a lot of work to be done. This article explores the trends and best practices being implemented by industry leaders and reports on the comparative progress between the leaders in the US and Asia in their efforts to reduce their environmental footprints.
What You Will Learn
- The drivers behind the increased attention and transparency by leading companies on their environmental reporting
- Trends in reporting quantifiable environmental footprints, including CO2, waste, and water.
- The relative performance of leading technology OEMs in the US and Asia based on a recent Greenpeace report
- The progress being made to reduce toxic chemicals in the manufacture of electronic equipment.
- A profile of a European smartphone manufacturer with a business model that stresses ethical supply chain management and product repair-ability.