The market for sourcing electronic components has known challenges that affect productivity in the design to purchasing cycle, such as:
- Traditional bulky print catalogs focused on look-up by manufacturer name or product category and distributors moved massive parts databases online.
- Distributors are always looking for ways to market themselves to meet high quotas set by manufacturers.
- Lack of resources available for components buyers to determine which Distributors are “authorized” to sell manufacturers parts
- And the market was saturated with a high volume of counterfeit parts, making it difficult to source legitimate components from legitimate suppliers.
SourceESB has kept up with the known challenges for Sourcing Electronic Components to benefit procurement professionals and engineers with:
- A database of 3.9 million design engineers and purchasers, of which 90% purchase through distribution
- And strong Brand Equity within Penton’s brands that provide a complete informational and workflow suite covering the design and development flow to purchase of end product.
- And most importantly, Pentons strong Manufacturer/Distributor relationships which enable the ability to obtain “Authorizations” verifications – to determine which Distributors are authorized to sell a manufacturers parts.
- This is quite unique to SourceESB, as NO other product in the market provides authorization verifications at this level.
We have recently developed and redesigned SourceESB, with a new Home page and new features.
Visit SourceESB.com today!